Friday, March 16, 2012

Todd Buffa - Trouble

4 or 5 years ago I had the privilege of working with Todd Buffa.  He was a jazz vocalist that had toured the world.  We, David Hillman, Todd and I, were working on project after project, getting ready to promote Todd back into the world.  The Friday before I left for Panama we decided to shoot a little teaser for his song Trouble.  Todd and long term sweetheart Lynn came downtown in the cold Jan night to play in a noir style of film.  After, shooting for around an hour, we felt good about the results and grabbed our girls to go out for supper.  Happy about the project we all ate till our bellies were full and chatted about life and travel.

When I returned from Panama I sat down and started to edit the film.  After a bit of time it all fell into place and     I sent it out for the boys to look at.  Both loved what they saw.  We conversed through emails trying to figure out a time to meet, but that would never happen.  Friday morning I received a phone call from David saying that Todd had passed away.

Shocked by the suddenness of Todd's passing I, like most people, reflected on my own life and the fragility.  Everyday could be the last so enjoy and treat others with respect.  One thing that I will know Todd for is being a complete gentleman.  Always asking how our better halves were and giving woman the respect and kindness they deserve.  It is a sad thought knowing that Todd and I won't be able to sit around and drink coffee and talk about all the random things as we did, but having the opportunity to get to know Todd has made me a better person.

To support Todd's Music go https://www.facebook.com/pages/Todd-Buffa-Music/253864768033584

Here is the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

d